The Team Manager – Customer Success, will be responsible for managing PayPal Australia’s enterprise or our SMB back-book business.
This involves leading a team of up to 10 Customer Success Managers responsible for deepening merchant engagement, driving back-book revenue and growth targets of the team’s merchant portfolio. The focus will be on providing a great experience for our merchant customers, retaining their business and enabling customer growth by partnering with the sales teams for cross selling, thus enabling mutual success.
The ideal candidate is passionate about great customer experience, winning in the market and delivering on their commitments. They have deep industry and payments experience with an external network that can be leveraged, and they have what it takes to lead a merchant servicing team, joining the cultural transformation journey towards Customer Success Management (CSM).
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening the strategic relationships with key leaders and decision makers in merchant organizations and partnering with Account Executives to drive business. Customer Success Manager’s knowledge of all PayPal’s products and services is critical to the success in the role, as well as their ability to effectively communicate their merchant’s needs and efforts effectively and timely.
Key Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience is required
- Payment processing, acquiring/issuing or financial services/credit experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years in customer success management or account servicing people leadership with complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies;
- Proven track record of successfully managing end-to-end merchant relationships, developing opportunities and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative servicing abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Experience in an environment that requires you to identify key problems and independently determine appropriate solutions.
- Contract Management experience in redlining, compliance, negotiating and guiding contract renewal or termination/expiration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to talk and present confidently in front of key internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of developing high-performing teams through a holistic approach that inspires and enables the team.
- Technical integrations experience – scoping, leading solutioning, project management of implementation.
- Experience in an environment where cross-functional collaboration is essential to accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Strategic and commercial management of two enterprise portfolios, reporting out on enterprise business performance, monitor and track KPIs and adjust strategic direction where needed.
- Responsible for revenue performance of the enterprise back-book business, including implementing commercial pricing strategies.
- Implement and deliver on programs in partnership with PMO team to ensure continuous business success.
- Set an example for CSM team to put customers first and drive customer advocacy internally.
- Develop relationships with C-level executives as a across PayPal’s largest enterprise relationships, as trusted collaborator and advisor on the merchant’s most pressing business needs. Bringing the required level of gravitas and experience to these relationships.
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of up to 10 enterprise Customer Success Managers, across two teams.
- Transform to and subsequently drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on servicing excellence, execution, quality, and speed.
- Business and commercial acumen and experience negotiating contracts and pricing.
- Recruit, motivate and lead talent with a CSM mindset.
- Business growth mindset, driving tailored programs to ensure continuous business success.
- Manage, prioritize and delegate work based on sales and activity pipelines as well as data analysis in close partnership with support functions and other teams.
- Accountable for the team revenue and growth targets in the Australian enterprise backbook, understanding and articulating the impact to department and company results.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the customer experience for merchants.
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving; healthy pragmatism and hands-on mentality.
- Ensuring that processes & procedures are up to standard and applied as required, developing them further in collaboration with other leaders.
- Proactively address strategic and product roadblocks to optimize the use of multiple PayPal products and mitigate merchant churn.
- Coaches team on pricing strategies, PayPal products and cross-sell opportunities
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Health insurance [link removed]
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan [link removed]
- Social and wellness programs [link removed]
- Recognition Awards (Spot Awards) [link removed]
- Support for new parents [link removed]
How many years of people management experience do you have?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?